- MBACP (Accred.)
- BA (Couns.)
- Relate (Cert) Marital and Relationship Counselling
- Dip Couns. Supervision
- Relate Diploma Psychosexual Therapy
- Practitioner Skills in Eating Disorders (National Centre for Eating Disorders)
- Practitioner Skills in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Practitioner Skills in Life Coaching
- Practitioner Skills in NLP
- Practitioner skills in EMDR
All of the last five qualifications are based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques.
Areas of Specialism
- Relationship and Couple counselling
- Anxiety, stress, low self-esteem and depression
- Self development
- Personal therapy for counselling students
- Counselling supervision for counselling students and experienced practitioners
- Loss, redundancy, coping with change
- Coping with relationship break ups, divorce and separation
- Goal setting and changing direction in life
- Supporting Carers or individuals with life limiting conditions
I work integratively, integrating the humanistic/person centred belief that we all have the capacity and the desire to reach our full potential with the psychodynamic approach that we are all shaped, to a large extent, by influences and experiences from our past, right back to neo natal stages.
However, I also believe we have choices. We cannot change the past, but we can make choices in the present which will shape our future. I use CBT and NLP techniques, to help clients bring about the changes that they need to make their lives more fulfilling. This is particularly useful when working with stress, post traumatic stress, anxiety, phobias, depression, low self-esteem and bringing about change in our lives.